Ukbladesforum.co.uk

Ukbladesforum.co.uk (http://ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Got a question regarding knife law? (http://ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Customs advice, experince appreciated (http://ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6427)

bladegeezer 15-09-2014 04:06 PM

Customs advice, experince appreciated
 
HI GUYZ! :lol2:

now onto a serious note:eek:

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea :confused:
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?:confused:

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try :big grin: but say I did ever order a balisong :big grin:
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer :(
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals

blackthorn13 16-09-2014 01:05 PM

I just imported a knife from South Africa no problem paid the price postage was included nice and easy process . I more recently imported a knife from America I paid for the international shipping and then got stung an extra 33.66 import duty that I wasn't expecting . Knives do not ship for free !

bladegeezer 16-09-2014 02:29 PM

Damn, unlucky, I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty, lol I don't even want to order a knife cause I aint sure what will happen :O let alone put gift on, but what type of knife was it? like to see a pic if you had one, was it a balisong ?:D?

Jed 16-09-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladegeezer (Post 66292)
HI GUYZ! :lol2:

now onto a serious note:eek:

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea :confused:
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?:confused:

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try :big grin: but say I did ever order a balisong :big grin:
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer :(
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals

Attempting to import a cited prohibited item such as a balisong or shuriken is a criminal offence which carries a jail sentence and/or a hefty fine...the rest is a no-brainer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladegeezer (Post 66299)
I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty

You heard wrong, items marked 'Gift' are still subject to inspection, Duty + VAT can still be charged at the discretion of Customs, many overseas sellers refuse to mark packages as a 'Gift' because they'll be breaking the law in the country they're sending from.

bladegeezer 17-09-2014 06:59 AM

dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo :D has anyone ever tried it :D?:D??

Mike Bowler 17-09-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladegeezer (Post 66310)
dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo :D has anyone ever tried it :D?:D??

You wanted advice he gave it to you .

charlie1 21-08-2017 05:48 PM

I've imported several knives from the States and the packaging has been opened and the aforementioned knives inspected by Customs. As far as I understand, it is Customs that have the final say in interpreting the Law as to what is and what isn't legal, such as Flippers. Though of course in this instance a Balisong would definitely come into the later category!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.