Go Back   Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Law > Got a question regarding knife law?

Got a question regarding knife law? Post it here and one of our team will do their best to assist you

Old 15-09-2014, 04:06 PM

bladegeezer is on a distinguished road
Question Customs advice, experince appreciated

HI GUYZ!

now onto a serious note

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try but say I did ever order a balisong
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals
Old 16-09-2014, 01:05 PM

blackthorn13 is on a distinguished road

I just imported a knife from South Africa no problem paid the price postage was included nice and easy process . I more recently imported a knife from America I paid for the international shipping and then got stung an extra 33.66 import duty that I wasn't expecting . Knives do not ship for free !
Old 16-09-2014, 02:29 PM

Damn, unlucky, I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty, lol I don't even want to order a knife cause I aint sure what will happen :O let alone put gift on, but what type of knife was it? like to see a pic if you had one, was it a balisong ??
Old 16-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Jed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegeezer View Post
HI GUYZ!

now onto a serious note

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try but say I did ever order a balisong
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals
Attempting to import a cited prohibited item such as a balisong or shuriken is a criminal offence which carries a jail sentence and/or a hefty fine...the rest is a no-brainer.

Quote:
I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty
You heard wrong, items marked 'Gift' are still subject to inspection, Duty + VAT can still be charged at the discretion of Customs, many overseas sellers refuse to mark packages as a 'Gift' because they'll be breaking the law in the country they're sending from.
Old 17-09-2014, 06:59 AM

dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo has anyone ever tried it ???
Old 17-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Laird Bowler

Mike Bowler has disabled reputation

Quote:
dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo has anyone ever tried it ???
You wanted advice he gave it to you .
Old 21-08-2017, 05:48 PM

charlie1 is on a distinguished road

I've imported several knives from the States and the packaging has been opened and the aforementioned knives inspected by Customs. As far as I understand, it is Customs that have the final say in interpreting the Law as to what is and what isn't legal, such as Flippers. Though of course in this instance a Balisong would definitely come into the later category!

Tags
customs, knife, law, raid