Go Back   Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Law > Got a question regarding knife law?

Got a question regarding knife law? Post it here and one of our team will do their best to assist you

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-09-2014, 04:06 PM
bladegeezer bladegeezer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
bladegeezer is on a distinguished road
Question Customs advice, experince appreciated

HI GUYZ!

now onto a serious note

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try but say I did ever order a balisong
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-09-2014, 01:05 PM
blackthorn13 blackthorn13 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2
blackthorn13 is on a distinguished road
Default

I just imported a knife from South Africa no problem paid the price postage was included nice and easy process . I more recently imported a knife from America I paid for the international shipping and then got stung an extra 33.66 import duty that I wasn't expecting . Knives do not ship for free !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-09-2014, 02:29 PM
bladegeezer bladegeezer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
bladegeezer is on a distinguished road
Default

Damn, unlucky, I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty, lol I don't even want to order a knife cause I aint sure what will happen :O let alone put gift on, but what type of knife was it? like to see a pic if you had one, was it a balisong ??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Jed's Avatar
Jed Jed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Cambrian Mountains
Posts: 57
Jed is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegeezer View Post
HI GUYZ!

now onto a serious note

since im new to the whole thing about collecting knifes I was wondering about customs law regarding knifes and items deemed as dangerous or watevea
basically , in short im curious , WHAT WILL CUSTOMS DO IF THEY SEIZE A KNIFE OF MINE OR SUMMIT????! LIKE WILL THEY RAID MA HAUS?

say if they intercept a knife I try to get through, not that I would even try but say I did ever order a balisong
could/would they raid my house if they seized it cause I was searching this up for ages and couldn't find a definite answer
has anyone ever had a balisong or shuriken seized? if so what happens?? help me out much obliged guys and gals
Attempting to import a cited prohibited item such as a balisong or shuriken is a criminal offence which carries a jail sentence and/or a hefty fine...the rest is a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegeezer View Post
I heard that if you put gift on the item you don't pay no duty
You heard wrong, items marked 'Gift' are still subject to inspection, Duty + VAT can still be charged at the discretion of Customs, many overseas sellers refuse to mark packages as a 'Gift' because they'll be breaking the law in the country they're sending from.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-09-2014, 06:59 AM
bladegeezer bladegeezer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
bladegeezer is on a distinguished road
Default

dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo has anyone ever tried it ???
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Mike Bowler's Avatar
Mike Bowler Mike Bowler is offline
Laird Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 3,155
Mike Bowler has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegeezer View Post
dude chill, no need to be such a party pooper .__. anyhow I still need advice on the customs sooooo has anyone ever tried it ???
You wanted advice he gave it to you .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-08-2017, 05:48 PM
charlie1 charlie1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 15
charlie1 is on a distinguished road
Default

I've imported several knives from the States and the packaging has been opened and the aforementioned knives inspected by Customs. As far as I understand, it is Customs that have the final say in interpreting the Law as to what is and what isn't legal, such as Flippers. Though of course in this instance a Balisong would definitely come into the later category!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
customs, knife, law, raid


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.