Go Back   Ukbladesforum.co.uk > The Cutting Edge > Multi-tools and SAKs

Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM

dunc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwitch View Post
I had an original like yours Spam for nigh on 12 years. Then i popped to the NAAFI, left it on my bunk and it was missing.
Thing is i only realised it was gone and not in my kit bags this weekend

SWMBO in her infinite sympathy went and bought me a new one from Blacks (10% squaddie discount on top of 30%!!!!!!)
Do you like the newer style Wave more then the older version ?

Dunc
Old 12-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Jiggering Jigger

Gunwitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc View Post
Do you like the newer style Wave more then the older version ?

Dunc
Aye i do now i'm used to it. The screwdriver add ons are quite neat and simple unlike the old one which had a full hex collar attachement that fitted around the pliers.
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Animals/crab.gifhttp://www.deviantart.com/download/2..._Mrichston.gif
Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 PM

cdf is on a distinguished road

The original Wave was my longest running Multitool relationship . I switched to the Charge Ti when they first came out , the Ti scales and 154CM blade were the drawing card . Mistake on my part , as the blade was a seldom used implement , as I usually also packed a Tactical folder .

I got a bit turned off by the new driver bits , easily lost , and not too readily replaceable here in Canada . The old wave , with the universal tool adaptor , and 1/4 hex bits was far more usefull .

In the last couple of years , I got all analytical ; deciding that as I always carry a Spyderco or a Strider , a one handed blade on a multi isn't a big deal . I then switched over to first the Victorinox Swisstool , and then later the Vic. Spirit . The F/F , build quality , and implement design being far superior .

For all that I miss the Old Skool Waves . I gave many as gifts , all of which are still going strong . I'll probably reaquire one , if I see one at the right price .

Chris
Old 20-02-2011, 07:22 PM

zed6309 is on a distinguished road

this is a great tool i was brought one back in 89 and carried it in my backpack for 10 years untill deciding to sending it to whitby for repairs as pliers loose, they couldnt fix them as this model was discontinued in 04 so i decided to get it replaced with the new version, i love the new one as much as my old one have made a lot of extras for the bit driver, these are very handy and cool tools,

paul

mine with exrtas
Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 AM

zed6309 is on a distinguished road

sorry i meant i war brought one in 98 miss my od wave now but not its folding up drivers,
Old 19-10-2011, 01:11 PM

pmew is on a distinguished road

I love my wave (new model) but find it too bulky to carry often. As the blade and pliers seemed to mostly be put to use I downsized to a freestyle, great little tool although limited. I moved house in feb and when I unboxed my tools, found that somehow moisture had gotten in and gently rusted the freestyle all over. But the wave sitting in the same box right next to it was untouched! How strange is that?!

P
Old 19-10-2011, 06:17 PM

dogman has disabled reputation

I got my son one when he joined the army back in june. He was the only recruit that had one, but other than a couple of dings in the blade, which came out very easy, it survived relatively unscathed.

Rob