Go Back   Ukbladesforum.co.uk > General Stuff > Open House - General Chat

Open House - General Chat For those day to day things that is not knife related

Old 19-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Woolly

Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
Max I could go into a long and drawn out spiel on this as to why I withdrew my support for the mod fighting illegal wars with nations that are in no way a threat to us in any way shape or form, as for (US less) troops that have been in more BOB than all others put to gether why would we want to support these mindless thugs, have you watched the footage released by Bradley Manning, shocking to say the least, the sooner we all come to terms with the fact that it is our kin that is being used to fight these illegal wars for the money lenders and loose their lives the better for all mankind.

sorry for the out pouring but thats the way I feel
Knowing your views Mike, I had a feeling that you'd have your say. I don't want for this to keep to-ing and fro- ing so if you wish to, please make a new thread

Besides, I don't care about peoples views political or not. I do care about those serving over there watching their mates receive letters and gifts whilst they receive nothing

I do care that there are enough funds so that those who've lost a limb can be treated accordingly.

I do care that those who come back with mental health issues have access to the correct help that they need

If we all got back to caring for each other a bit more instead of self self self then perhaps the world as a whole could move on from where we're at.

'Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir menís blood'
Old 19-04-2012, 08:06 AM

Fulltang is on a distinguished road

Damn worthy cause, can I have a copy of the parcel poster please Max, thx.

Ian
Old 19-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Woolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloch View Post
I'd imagine a raffle on here with makers donating a piece of their work towards prizes could be quite productive...

Sounds like a plan.
Or if not Makers donating then some sort of Tombola??

Old 19-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Watching

HillBill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloch View Post
Great effort Max, very worthy cause & your time and effort is appreciated. Shame some people see it as a vehicle to air their political views and cause insult!
I'd imagine a raffle on here with makers donating a piece of their work towards prizes could be quite productive...
It could be, only issue is you need a license to run a raffle. I tried to start one on BCUK to raffle some knives off to raise money for help the heroes. A friend of mine, Jake Hartley was 1 of the 6 killed a few weeks back in the Warrior that got hit by a bomb, he was only 20. I was told that it couldn't happen. But i was given a way around it.

Was told to set up an account with Just Giving, and ask folk to sponsor me to make the knives. They put the money in the just giving account which was then sent to HTH. Then winners were to be decided in some way yet to be determined.
Old 19-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Woolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBill View Post
It could be, only issue is you need a license to run a raffle.
Yea, I'd forgotten about that...

Thinking cap back on then - auction maybe? We'll see

Letters and messages don't cost much though, just a bit of ink and a stamp

Old 19-04-2012, 10:23 AM

bushblade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Max I could go into a long and drawn out spiel on this as to why I withdrew my support for the mod fighting illegal wars with nations that are in no way a threat to us in any way shape or form, as for (US less) troops that have been in more BOB than all others put to gether why would we want to support these mindless thugs, have you watched the footage released by Bradley Manning, shocking to say the least, the sooner we all come to terms with the fact that it is our kin that is being used to fight these illegal wars for the money lenders and loose their lives the better for all mankind.

Well said.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Woolly

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushblade View Post
Well said.

Hmmm Did you not stop to think that as an alleged "mindless thug" a current or former service person would find this extremely offensive? Guess not

Old 19-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Woolly

Hi Folks - This thread could be viewed as an acid test.

We all have opinions and this forum being pretty open, allows us to share them freely.

As such we could argue we owe that very freedom to the likes of the men and women who will benefit from this very appeal.
On the other hand, yes, there have been atrocities and illegal wars for sure and their will be more to come I am sure.

Those that know me will appreciate I am quite happy to express opinions, but in this instance I would urge folks to boil this appeal down to it's basic form and forget the political / socio stigmas that are attached.
Namely, the beneficiaries are individuals who are in a life threatening situation (Is why really, really that important) and also individuals, who have suffered physically or psychologically from that same life threatening experience.

I do not turn the other cheek, agree with illegal wars, or indeed respect the human race much as a whole.....we do some pretty dark stuff as a species. But in reality, this appeal, is in it's own way a way to offset something pretty bad, a carbon offsetting for the soul if you will.

Whilst I respect 'opinions' shared thus far in this thread (and I agree they could be successfully argued either way), I would urge folks to remember that this appeal is about sincerely helping individuals, individuals with no agenda, who are, or have been placed in dangerous circumstances (due to a very real sense of just doing the right thing, in their incredibly small corner of the universe).
If we judge rather than simply acknowledge this, for what it is, 'help', then whatever tiny flicker of light we call humanity may as well be extinguished.

Just my 10c

Whilst I respect everyone has the right to their opinion, if you do not agree or have a point to make, feel free to try and rip me a new one via PM

Sincere regards to everyone.
Tom

Last edited by Tom; 19-04-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 19-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Trainee Aussie

Culloch is on a distinguished road

Well said Tom, this thread is about bringing a smile to a face that's far from home in a dangerous place, not about the decisions made by others who might visit once a year with a huge CP detail.
This is about the lads and lasses on the ground who deserve our support, so how's about we get back to Max's thread and cut the politico hippy bollox!
Old 19-04-2012, 02:11 PM

Expat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
Hi Folks - This thread could be viewed as an acid test.

We all have opinions and this forum being pretty open, allows us to share them freely.

etc.. etc.. etc...

Sincere regards to everyone.
Tom
Now THAT was well said.....