Go Back   Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Ukbladesforum.co.uk > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Site Suggestions & Feedback For any problems that you have with the site or, suggestions and feedback.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 30-04-2013, 05:55 PM
noidea noidea is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
noidea is on a distinguished road
Default put off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazcon View Post
Don't be put off! The problem is very recent and involves long term members as well. They are having the same problems. The admin and mods are trying to sort out the poroblem!!
Not put off at all mate, il be at the front of the cue when the glitch sorts itself, im here for the long term
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 30-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Mike Bowler's Avatar
Mike Bowler Mike Bowler is offline
Laird Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 3,155
Mike Bowler has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Not put off at all mate, il be at the front of the cue when the glitch sorts itself, im here for the long term
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 16-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Simy Simy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Simy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bowler View Post
Why do I get the feeling I'm one of a few that post now why?
Maybe its because you gys come up with stupid rules that mean you cant post until you have made 10 "quality" posts....?
haha I mean really who decides what qualifies as quality?

I am serious about this tough. I came to this site because I wanted to sell some knives. Maybe if I hadn't been shot down for trying to do that then I would give a bit more input into the site.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 17-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Tom's Avatar
Tom Tom is offline
Woolly
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Briton
Posts: 5,049
Tom is on a distinguished road
Default

Folks can post stuff for sale and often do so, however they do not just turn up to a forum and immediately criticise....

Happy for you to stay a while and contribute, you know, join in, but if the forum is soooo bad do feel free to move on, no really
__________________
Wood and Knife Making Supplies & Web Hosting from £4.25 per month

'Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir menís blood'
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 17-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Simy Simy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Simy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Folks can post stuff for sale and often do so, however they do not just turn up to a forum and immediately criticise....

Happy for you to stay a while and contribute, you know, join in, but if the forum is soooo bad do feel free to move on, no really
The forum is bad due to people like you having all the power and warning (most likely banning soon) anyone that thinks different to you.
I'd rather you moved on and the forum became a free place where people could actually do stuff.
Really your logic is just not there.
Stop people selling will force them to contribute and become an active member of the forum. No they will just think screw that what gives him the right to make me do what he wants.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 17-03-2015, 11:22 AM
capt--awesome capt--awesome is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: London
Posts: 20
capt--awesome is on a distinguished road
Default

It's simply polite to contribute before expecting something in return. Siding with the better writer here ie. Tom.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 17-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Simy Simy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Simy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt--awesome View Post
It's simply polite to contribute before expecting something in return. Siding with the better writer here ie. Tom.
it cant be polite if you force some one to do it? Manners come from some ones own mind it doesn't count if you physically make them.
Its also polite not to remove peoples freedom.
Don't try and kid me or your self you aren't siding with him because you like the way he wrote you're siding with him because he is your friend and he has all the power.
any way none of this makes any sense. By posting a sale for some knives on this forum that is adding something that was not there before ie contributing.
You lot go on about wanting people to contribute yet you stop them.
You must all lack intelligence if you cant see that.
If I add something to something that is contributing.
I await your acceptance of my correctness and my ban which is no doubt dealt those those who oppose the might right of a moderator.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 17-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Jed's Avatar
Jed Jed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Cambrian Mountains
Posts: 57
Jed is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simy View Post
Maybe its because you gys come up with stupid rules that mean you cant post until you have made 10 "quality" posts....?
haha I mean really who decides what qualifies as quality?
The people who make the decisions here are those who take the time to administrate and pay for this site while you chose to deliberately ignore the simple 10 post rule in order to sell your knives free - try doing that on another UK site.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 17-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Simy Simy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
Simy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
The people who make the decisions here are those who take the time to administrate and pay for this site while you chose to deliberately ignore the simple 10 post rule in order to sell your knives free - try doing that on another UK site.
I will admit the only reason I initially came here is to try and sell my knives without incurring any charges to do so. But I don't think the fact that moderators pay and give up their time to run the site justifies them behaving however they want and being able to get away with it.
They have chosen to pay and give their time. No one forced them to do that they made that choice. Do you think it would be ok for a politician steal peoples money and enforce stupid rules that don't apply to them? After all they give up their time to run the country and have given money to many different causes to be politician.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 18-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Tom's Avatar
Tom Tom is offline
Woolly
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Briton
Posts: 5,049
Tom is on a distinguished road
Default

We appreciate your being the model human to demonstrate why the forum guidelines are in place.
The rhetoric is a tad overkill but I shall persevere, lets be honest we are not talking life and death here.....you know....really important stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simy View Post
I will admit the only reason I initially came here is to try and sell my knives without incurring any charges to do so.
Bingo! Precisely why the 10 post rule is in place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simy View Post
I don't think the fact that moderators pay and give up their time to run the site justifies them behaving however they want and being able to get away with it.
Do not blame moderators, they do not behave how they want, moderators remind folk about guidelines, they are not the enemy of the state.
Blame me if you want someone to blame, the mods are taking time to ensure there is a reasonable and fair approach to all things on the forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simy View Post
Do you think it would be ok for a politician steal peoples money and enforce stupid rules that don't apply to them? After all they give up their time to run the country and have given money to many different causes to be politician.
Not the best example.....a knife forum guideline.....versus.....decision making that impacts a nation and lives!
However! Bemused more that you believe in such a fairytale...For clarity...Politicians do not give their time, they are paid, they never give money to different causes, they do sometimes give funds that were DONATED to their party by business or private investors.
But lets be real about this, they do not do these things out of the goodness of their heart, it is to secure power and their own future, an entirely selfish act, nes pas.


But I digress, returning to the initial part of your response, it becomes evident why you have ranted so


Quote:
Originally Posted by Simy View Post
I will admit the only reason I initially came here is to try and sell my knives without incurring any charges
Something for free, off the back of others.
Ah yes, the textbook ethics of a politician!
__________________
Wood and Knife Making Supplies & Web Hosting from £4.25 per month

'Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir menís blood'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.